Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Parenting and Jogging - Pure Enjoyment


 

Getting to the point where a 10 kms run is a pleasure is a joy.

 

The progression to running my first complete lap, then 2 laps, then 3 and gradually up to 8 laps involved a lot of effort.

 

To now comfortably run 4 laps and then to recover in only a few minutes is great fun. I look forward to and enjoy the challenge of the longer run on the weekend.

 

My runs are one of the highlights of my week.

 

I love being out in the cool of the day, enjoying the breeze, the sky and the trees.

 

I enjoy feeling my muscles work and simply love to run.

 

In my parenting, I now have two adult children.

 

I have spent hundreds of hours training their hearts and teaching virtues.

 

I have planted seeds of right and pulled weeds of wrong from their lives.

 

Now, I simply enjoy the young adults they are.

 

I enjoy their stories, their humour, their friends and their experiences.

 

I enjoy playing tennis with them, shopping together, eating out and supporting the Western Sydney Wanderers Soccer team together.

 

The season of reaping is a joy.