1. Model self-control and patience yourself
2. Look at your weekly pattern. Do you have a mix of home days and out days in the week? Check your daily pattern. Do you have a mix of busy activities and quiet activities each day?
3. Ensure you have a ritual that you follow before nap and night time sleep that is predictable and calming to help prepare them for long, continuous sleep patterns.
1. Do not give them an audience
2. Do not try and dialogue with them
3. Pop them into bed for a nap
1. Cuddle them and tell them that you love them
2. Re-evaluate your patterns. Do you need to be home more? Do you need to mplement some quiet play periods into each day? Do you need to move nap or bedtime sleep times?
3 Gently and patiently teach self-control so that they can choose right even when they are tired.