Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Hands That Held


The Hands that Held

 

The hands that held me,

Those that led,

Gently, tightly and so secure.

Keeping me safe,

Then guiding me on,

Then letting go.

 

Your hands that held me,

Those that led,

now they let me go,

gently, softly and feeling secure.

 

The words that taught me,

Those that showed,

Comforting, wise and trustworthy.

Keeping me loved,

Then showing me on,

Then keeping quiet.

 

Your words that taught me,

Those that showed,

Now are in my heart,

Comforting, wise and still trustworthy.

 

The path that led me,

That which lit,

Brightly rightly and so of God.

Keeping me on the way,

Then holding me there,

Then stepping back.

 

The path that led me,

That which lit,

Now is my chosen path,

Brightly, rightly and so of God.

 

Your hands held me,

Your words taught me,

Your path led me,

To God.

 

Now His hands, they hold me,

His words, they teach me,

His path, His alone, leads me.

 

And as I live in and with Him,

I am reminded of His love

And of you.

For His hands, words and path,

Remind me of yours.

 

Emily Ann Nightingale Hayde