Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tomorrow Never Comes


If I knew it would be the last time that

I'd see you fall asleep,

I would tuck you in more tightly

and pray for the Lord, your soul to keep.


If I knew it would be the last time

that I see you walk out the door,

I would give you a hug and kiss

and call you back for more.


. . . . and another 11 verses

about making the most of today,

in case there is no tomorrow.


I love living a full life,

filled with people and

projects that help others.


I want to make the most of today,

not in fear of no tomorrow,

but simply to live well.

To be the best I can be,

to do all that I can,

to please Him.


I desire to parent my children well,

so they desire to do their best,

so they have a passion for Him,

to have hearts filled with compassion for others.


So that tomorrow they will do good.