16. Don't ever think it is beneath your dignity to apologise to me. An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly warm to you.
17. Don't forget I love experimenting. I couldn't get on without it, so please allow it some.
18. Don't do things for me I can do myself. It makes me feel like a baby.
19. Don't forget how quickly I am growing up. It must be difficult to keep pace with me, but please try it.
20. Don't forget that I can't thrive without lots of understanding love. But I don't need to tell you that - do I?
I'm not sure where this memo came from (do let me know if you do - then I can credit the author) and I don't totally agree with every sentiment. However there is lots of old fashion wisdom there.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
9. Don't forget that I cannot explain myself as well as I would like. This is why I am not always very accurate.
10. Don't make rash promises. Remember that I feel badly let down when promises are broken.
11. Don't take my honesty too much. I am easily frightened into telling lies.
12. Don't be inconsistent. That completely confuses me and makes me lose faith in you.
13. Don't tell me my fears are silly. They are real.
14. Don't put me off when I ask questions. If you do, you will find that I stop asking and seek my information elsewhere.
15. Don't ever suggest that you are perfect or infallible. It gives me too great a shock when I discover you are neither.